The Tri-City Christian School is a ministry of Tri-City Bible Church
The TCCS School Board is comprised of a minimum of 8 members. Board members serve three-year terms.
The role and responsibilities of the school board:
- Determine school policies in harmony with the Church, Articles of Faith, and school board bylaws.
- Actively seek ways of effective communication to all stakeholders within the Tri-City Christian School constituency.
- Approve and encourage an administrative and teaching staff who are qualified to carry out the educational program and policies of the school.
- Ensure the necessary funding for operating the school and determine its distribution.
- Assure itself of the faithful carrying out of the school’s mission, vision, educational program and policies by consistent involvement in school activities.
- Orient new members and develop all members in Christian leadership.
- Enact bylaws to govern and regulate the operations of the Board.
Process of becoming a board member at TCCS:
- Potential board members must prayerfully consider their motivation and the time commitment involved in serving in the important role of shepherding the mission of the school and staff.
- Applications are made available in the month of April and must be turned into the TCBC Church Elder Board by May 1st.
- Applications are reviewed and by the Church Elder Board and candidates will be interviewed.
- Approved candidates will be voted upon by the school and the church members.
- Following the voting, candidates who receive a confirmation of 50% of the vote will become a TCCS board member.
- Board Meetings are conducted the 3rd Thursday of each month.
- Open Board Meetings are held in September, December, and March.
- Closed Board Meetings are all other months other than September, December, and March.
Communicating to the Board
Questions, concerns, suggestions, or affirmations may be communicated to the school board through an email or by attending an open board meeting.
School Board Members for the 2017-2018 School Year
Mike Kelley, Board Chair, email: email@example.com
Brian Hicks, Board Vice Chair, email:firstname.lastname@example.org
Kurt de Pfyffer, Finance Chair, email: email@example.com
Raquel Pulse, Secretary, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Colleen Cole, email: email@example.com
Justin Cummings, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Leslee Gaul, email: email@example.com
Terry Gustafson, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Jonathan Rourke, email: email@example.com
David Simpson, email: firstname.lastname@example.org