Virtual Learning Academy
Opportunities for Students to Take Online Classes Through TCCS Virtual Learning Academy
To provide a quality Christian education at a more affordable cost, Tri-City Christian School has established a Virtual Learning Academy. The school brings the best of traditional “bricks and mortar” education along with the variety and flexibility of internet learning. For students who select it, they can take several of their classes in an online environment. Depending on the student and curriculum selected, students can go at an accelerated or even a slower pace to best meet the student’s needs. Some classes are interactive with other online students and a teacher, somewhat like Facebook. Some of the classes can be scheduled to allow more time to the student for crunch time of extracurricular activities for a short duration like the drama performance or sports playoffs or a missions trip. For juniors and seniors, college credits may even be earned, saving some of those really large tuition payments of college. The online classes allow a wide variety of class offerings, something smaller schools normally cannot provide.
So many opportunities are available for today's 21st century student! Students at TCCS may take advantage of the hundreds of online courses available! Students take online courses to:
- take dual college credit courses resulting in thousands of dollars in savings as well as the possibility of graduating college in less than 4 years
- take courses that are not offered at TCCS but allows the student to pursue and deepen their thirst for knowledge in a field of interest
- accommodate their learning needs and plans
- remediate courses if necessary
- complete their schedule
- graduate on time
- for the fun of it!
Teaching Tomorrow’s Christian Leaders with Today’s Technology
The 21st century student is growing up in an environment where technology continues to expand opportunities that did not exist 20-30 years ago. At TCCS, we recognize that personalized learning and critical thinking are two major components essential to providing an excellent Christ-centered, college preparatory education. With our Virtual Learning Academy and dual college credit courses, TCCS continues to meet the needs of our students in grades 7-12.
Virtual Learning Academy
- TCCS offers a blended learning program that we refer to as the Virtual Learning Academy where students must be enrolled in at least four courses on campus and three online courses per semester
- Students grades 7-12 can take online classes to accommodate scheduling flexibility, credit recovery, and expanded learning opportunities by taking courses of interest or that require advanced aptitude.
- TCCS requires that all students complete science, Bible, and visual and performing arts courses on campus at TCCS, while all other courses can be scheduled as online or on-campus options.
- VLA students have access to all the programs and activities of traditional students including guidance from the college counselor, participation in extra-curricular opportunities, and the opportunity to participate in our 8th grade promotion or senior high commencement ceremony.
Dual College Credit Opportunities
- Juniors and Seniors at TCCS can take dual college credit courses earning them credits toward a college degree. The advantage of this is twofold: enhanced learning and cost savings.
Virtual Learning Academy and Dual College Credit Course Providers
- Tri-City Christian School is providing the Virtual Learning Academy through partnerships with Ontario Christian, Orange Lutheran, and Grand Canyon University. These approved online learning programs provide a full array of online courses with a Christian worldview.
- TCCS staff will oversee the Virtual Learning Academy courses, monitoring students’ progress, checking scores, and ensuring classes meet graduation requirements. In addition, the students taking the online classes are fully supported by experienced, full-time certified teachers available by email or internet messaging.