Jr. High School - Spiritual Life
Spiritual life at TCCS permeates through our entire school program because we desire our students to grow and mature in their faith, knowledge, and love for God according to Matthew 22:34-40.
In this passage, Jesus tells us that what is most important to God can be boiled down to these two commandments:
You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, mind, and soul.
You shall love others as yourself.
What do we do to help students grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ?
- We hire Christians who are passionate about students, teaching, and learning
- Because the Word of God is the foundation of our faith, we offer biblical instruction in our Bible classes and across the curriculum
- We invest time in worshipping God at our weekly chapel programs
- We take our faith and put it into action as we reach out to others through missions trips and community service activities
- Daily, we pray (praising, thanking, confessing, and making our requests known to God) throughout each school day
- We respect and care for each other as Christ said, “the world will know that we are Christians by our love for one another”
Our school’s motto is training up spiritual champions for Jesus Christ, and our definition of a “spiritual champion” is one who is:
- Vested in a personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Grounded in Biblical truth, able to articulate and defend their faith
- Christ-like in mind, body, and spirit
Junior High chapels are filled with enthusiastic students who are eager to learn more about their faith in Jesus Christ. These years are critical in the lives of these young adolescents and therefore, youth pastors who have the gift and the knack for communicating biblical truths in a relevant and meaning way are often our speakers in our chapels.
For our students who are blessed with musical talent, we have a place for them to take ownership and leadership in leading our students in worship during chapel. It is never too early or too late to become involved in an important area such as leading worship and we have been blessed at TCCS with students who have a heart for the Lord.
Community Service Days
During the school year, our 7th and 8th graders take to the San Diego North County to serve and bless those who need some encouragement and attention. Cultivating a heart of service to the Lord begins in the elementary program through various causes and then during Junior High, our students are ready to “do” what is in their hearts! These days are organized by our Parents in Action group who come along side the school in training our students to become spiritual champions for Jesus Christ.